The greatest fear in the world is the fear of giving a speech or presentation in front of an audience and it has been said that it ranks right up there with the fear of death. What is it that makes so many people afraid to stand up in front of an audience? The following are the 4 most common reasons why people get nervous when giving a presentation.
- Fear of forgetting something during the speech
- Fear of being laughed at for making a mistake
- Fear of presenting in front of a familiar/un-familiar crowd
- All eyes on you – the centre of attention
We all get nervous before a Speech or Presentation but if we can manage our nerves we can grow in confidence. I have worked with people who were absolutely terrified to get up in front of an audience but with preparation and practice and by using proven relaxation techniques they did a great presentation on the day and from there grew in confidence.
YourSpeech can build your confidence by focusing on the following key areas,
- Verbal communication (Speaking, Voice Projection)
- Non-Verbal communication (Body Language)
- How to prepare & practice thoroughly
- Make your presentation more interesting and engaging
- How to sell yourself with confidence
- How to be assertive and get your opinions across
- How to turn your business idea into a reality
Contact YourSpeech and find out how you can manage your nerves and increase your confidence before the all- important speech or presentation.